Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

When opportunity knocks...

answer the freaking door!

So, I mentioned that I interviewed for a personal trainer position at a local gym. As it turns out, I had the right stuff. I was selected to fill the position and am fast approaching my 90 day probational period.

To recap...

IT'S FREAKING AWESOME! Omigawd, best job ever!

Honestly, I love it there. I get to preach what I believe to people. I get to help them reach their goals. I get to be witness to the triumph over struggles related to weight loss and fitness. I get to motivate people to push harder and get stronger than they believed they could. Not to mention I get to wear yoga pants to work every day. :)

Now, no job is perfect. Every place has it's shortcomings. There are just so few there, and I'm so happy there, that it doesn't really matter to me. The people are all pretty great. I love the atmosphere. I like getting to meet new people. I've met some of the most awesome, driven people I've ever hoped to know. If I could make this a forever career, I'd be stoked.

Personally, there's never an excuse for me to miss a workout. I'm in a gym, every day, with a free membership. Pshaw! My kids are excited to even BE there in the play room. That really fills my heart. Part of the reason I ventured into fitness to begin with was to change this unhealthy cycle my family has fallen into. I didn't want my kids to have the same struggles I did and my parents do. I wanted them to love being healthy. They do.

My husband got a gym membership. That is really exciting to me. He's been resisting this whole fitness thing. Not because he doesn't want to get fit or because he doesn't feel it's important. I think it's just always that first step that is the hardest to make. I'm truly glad he made it. I want him with me for a long, long time.

I'll be starting a boot camp soon. I'm super excited about that. And, admittedly, a little nervous. I've never done anything like that. It's fun to create the workouts, though. I have a lot of ideas!

No comments: