Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Have fun.... responsibly!

I tell people all the time to do what is fun for them when it comes to exercise. I realized that advice is fundamentally flawed. It makes it easy to ignore exercise or make excuses. It makes it easy to say, "I don't have time." "I'm tired." "I can't afford it." Having fun isn't a major responsibility. Caring for one's body IS a responsibility. It is not something you can overlook. You only get one body and it's your job to take care of it. So exercise ... and WHEN you exercise, do something you enjoy.

It holds true that most people will not continue exercise when it isn't fun. SOME people will because they realize that it's important. But most people, especially those just starting out, will not. For a lot of people, exercise, in general, isn't fun. So for those people it's particularly important that they realize how much they need it and how much their body enjoys it.

Like Nike says...

JUST DO IT!




No comments: