Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Days 5 through 10

A little late here, but I wanted to finish up the stats for the 10 Day Challenge.

I'm not going to go into all my meals for 5 days suffice it to say I did *very* well, no cheating, kept under my calorie goal, etc. No fast food, no alcohol, no sweets.

My exercises were as follows

Day 5:
Burpee Fuhsion
A interval ladder. 10 weight squats, 10 burpees, 10 squats, 11 burpees, and so on, each time adding a burpee until you reach 20. I also did a 45 minute cardio routine

Day 6:
Ran for 60 minutes, 200 knee tucks, 200 back lunge kick ups

Day 7:
Quantum of Sweat
4 round - 2 intevals
50 seconds active/10 seconds rest

Skipping Rope L Leg
Commando Push Up
Skipping Rope R Leg
Commando Push Up
Go through twice

Low Jump Rope Jacks
Push Up, Knee Tuck
Low Jump Rope Jacks
Push Up , Knee Tuck

45 Minute Cardio Routine

Day 8:
Running for 60 minutes
200 crunches
100 squats

Day 9:
MMA Workout (20 minutes)
40 rounds 2 intervals
20/10

Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Up (Left Leg)
Sandbag Side Lunge Knee Up (Right Leg)
Push Ups

45 minute cardio routine

Day 10:
Ran for 60 minutes
60 squats

Skipping Rope Intervals
48 rounds
15/10
Fast as Possible!

My measurements on Day 11 were as follows

Chest - 37
Arms - 11
Thighs - 22
Hips - 38
Waist - 31
Weight - 143

My OVERALL TOTAL LOSS was 2 pounds and 3.25 inches!

Even with such good results, I was not the winner of the challenge. I actually had two winners. One person had more inches than anyone and the other more pounds than anyone! I'm really pleased with how it worked out. I call it a success and I think I'll be doing more of these in the future.

Personally, this WAS a challenge. There were days I wanted to do nothing, days I wanted to eat greasy cheeseburgers but the whole point is to resist and push through. It really showed me, and I think it showed the other participants, that if we can commit to a healthy lifestyle we can see amazing results. We FEEL better, not only physically, but mentally. We prove to ourselves that we are capable. It seems a small thing but how you feel affects so many areas of your life. Exercise really is a cure all.

No comments: