Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 1 and 2

I meant to post this earlier. I've had such busy days the last two days that I didn't get a chance to post my Day 1 and Day 2 experiences for my 10 Day Challenge.

DAY 1:

Food -

NO CHEATING! I ate clean for all meals!

Breakfast - Oatmeal with honey, coffee
Snack - Yogurt with this puffed rice whey stuff
Lunch - Shakeology with PB and milk
Snack - Apple, cheese stick
Dinner - Egg whites and toast, coffee

My workout was Punch Kick and Jam with hand weights and an interval challenge that lasted 12 excruciating minutes.


DAY 2:

Food - Little cheaty. I was out and about all day so it was slightly more difficult to eat right.

Breakfast - Whey and Puffed Rice Cereal with 1% milk, coffee
Snack - Bagel with LF cream cheese
Lunch - Chicken Sandwich, lettuce, tomato, coffee
Snack - Celery with PB
Dinner - 1 slice of pizza, coffee

My workout was a 4 mile run and 1000 freestyle reps with the Jump Rope


How do I feel?

SORE! I feel extremely sore. But I also feel SO good. I feel energetic, sexy, and strong. Isn't that what we're going for, really, in a hard workout program or challenge? My goal was to feel challenged and make progress. I feel that happening.


In related news - I got an email about the possibility of being a personal trainer at a local gym. It's funny, I never wanted to be a personal trainer. It's weird the places life takes you. I got into fitness to help myself. But, I see how what I do and say affects and motivates those around me and, I have to say, that's the best feeling in the world. I love that just TALKING about my workouts or my progress helps others who've been struggling get up and do the same thing. I know how much fitness has helped me and improved my life. The fact that I can help someone else achieve that same joy warms my heart and puts a smile on my face. :)




No comments: