Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Protein Pancakes!


Protein Pancakes

My friend, Stephanie, gave me this recipe a couple of years ago. I made them this morning and it occurred to me that I hadn't posted them here. Silly me! These Protein Pancakes are ridiculously easy and fast as well. It's all lean protein and complex carbs. It's a great way to start your morning or an easy snack. I'm going to give you the basic recipe but note that the amounts can be increased to make a huge batch and stuff can be added to the mixture to add variety.

Ingredients
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup egg whites (I use All Whites, doesn't really matter. It's just easier when it's in a carton)
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese

Directions
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Spray skillet with Pam (I use Olive Oil Pam).
Pour small, equal portions of the batter onto the heated pan. Cook until brown (about 30 -60 seconds) then flip and repeat!

See, it's very easy. You could also add frozen fruit or applesauce to the batter in the blender. You can top them with sugar free fruit spread, peanut butter, honey, whatever your pleasure.

If you decide to make a big batch you might want to make it in the amounts listed above, and just do it more than once.

Note: They're not as poofy as regular pancakes. Also, they don't seem to bubble when they're ready to flip so you'll have to keep watch.

Enjoy!

No comments: