Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Update on Crossfit

The last time I mentioned Crossfit was the first time I had ever done it. I did a workout named "Cindy" which consists of 5 pull-ups, 10 push ups, and 15 squats. The objective is to complete as many rounds as you can in 20 minutes. My first time I did a pathetic 8 rounds. So when it appeared again I was excited to see if I'd notice any improvement.

Well... I did. Today I did 13 rounds with time to spare. I have to say, I'm pretty damned pleased with myself.

Over the last week or so I had been complaining that I wasn't making any progress. I know it's going to be slow going but I was getting frustrated. I guess I can't complain. Since I've started I've lost a good 3 inches in my waist and nearly 10 pounds. I just thought I'd be seeing more impressive numbers. Although, I haven't been a complete angel this whole time. I've had some pretty cheaty days in there. Although, lately, I've been kicking it up. My impatience and frustration is only proving to be motivation. ;)

In other news, I ordered a new program called Turbo Jam (www.turbojam.com). I ordered it because it looked like a lot of fun and I was introduced to it not from some infomercial, but by a youtube video of a regular girl, like me, working out. She even had one that showed her progress. That sold me. So, I bought it. It looks like a mix of everything. There is some kickboxing meets dancing moves, some strength training, resistance training and a whole lot of booty shaking. I'll keep you updated on how it is. I also plan on keeping on Crossfit. It's hard for me when I don't have any weights, but I do my best.

No comments: